Then & Now

Entrance to Sutton Weaver railway station - 2010

Entrance to Sutton Weaver railway station - 2010

Sutton Weaver Railway Station

The railway station opened on the 1st. April 1869 and was situated on the east side of Station Road near to the railway bridge. The entrance to the station is the one now used by Network Rail for repairs/maintenance of the main line between Liverpool and Crewe.

The station closed to passengers in 1931 and completely closed in 1942. Soon after its closure it was demolished. All that remained was the Station Master's house that was left unoccupied and was not maintained.

Station House August 1966

Station House, Station Road, Sutton Weaver

Station House August 1966

Station House, Station Road, Sutton Weaver

The above photographs of the Station Master's house were taken in August 1966. At that time the building was owned by British Rail.

The door on the left side led to the old 'Ticket Office'. The other door was the entrance to the house itself.

Here is the house today:

Station Terrace

These house where originally occupied by 'railway workers'. Today they are privately owned.

Station House - 2010

Station House, Station Road, Sutton Weaver - November 2010

Station Terrace

Station Terrace, Station Road, Sutton Weaver - November 2010

For further information about Sutton Weaver railway station then please visit the link below.